Senior Server Software Engineer
Employer: LBC Studios Inc.
Office/Work Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary Range: $65,000 – $75,000 annually
Benefits: MYHSA Benefits plan coverage, annual bonus
Term: Permanent, Full-time
This is an office role with the possibility of remote work.
- Maintain, update, and secure the current scalable server environment
- Maintain and update the current LBC development infrastructure
- Optimize server performance
- Collaborate on the design and development of a Java microservices server architecture using open-source technologies
- Support the software development life-cycle for the server
- Maintain, update, and create a build pipelines for the developed software and assets using Jenkins and the existing development infrastructure
- Assess, develop, debug, maintain, and set standards for code
- Strong ability to scope and define project requirements
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with remote team members to identify, produce, and deliver tasks on time
- Drive improvements to process and direction
- Develop tools, features, pipelines, and frameworks to be used in the development process
- Take charge on improving our development processes and system architecture
- Collaborate with project leads to establish engineering tasks and schedules
- Work with designers and senior engineers to help drive game features
- Provide technical leadership on a team of seasoned developers skilled in front-end technologies
- At least 5 years of experience working as a server engineer using Java
- Working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, and other open-source technologies preferred
- Working knowledge of PHP for scalable secure server development
- Multiple shipped titles using backend services
- Experience building development build infrastructure and pipelines
- Ability to comfortably move across high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and operational support
- Lead the gathering of functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and project & test planning
- Experience implementing/integrating unit/integration/load tests
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology, ideally experience with SCRUM and/or KANBAN
- Working proficiency in English
Perks and Benefits:
- Energetic, growth-focused team culture
- Shared downtown office space with unlimited snacks, coffee, and beer
- Flexible hours
- Remote-work possibilities
- Competitive compensation
LBC Studios is a private company located in Langley, British Columbia (operating remotely and in downtown Vancouver) and was founded in February, 2015 by Solon Bucholtz and Dennis Molloy. LBC was founded with the sole purpose of the creation and development of the first AAA-quality, marijuana-themed mobile application for Apple and Android platforms.
LBC Studios, in concert with Adrian Crook and Associates of Vancouver, designed what would soon become Hempire. In August 2015, LBC Studios signed a development contract with Lumentech Brazil to handle the core engineering and development of Hempire, and in April 2017, Hempire was released world-wide on iOS and Android!
Hempire is a mobile game that follows the freemium model of monetization. The team creating Hempire is composed of 30 people spanning two continents, and comprises more than a century of game-production experience. Our team members have been integral to the production of more than 100 titles ranging from the Need For Speed Racing franchise to Zynga’s Frontierville.