Why this role is made for you:
We are looking for a Game Artist who will bring exceptional creative artistry and vision to our art team working on our unannounced new title. The successful candidate will create and implement in-game art and will demonstrate versatility across the project including concepting, asset generation, and marketing art. The successful candidate needs to be an energetic, positive culture add to an already open and empowering team.
This is a Full-time role. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19. Local Candidates only at this time.
A Game Artist’s impact:
- Work closely with the art, engineering, and QA teams to conceptualize, generate, and implement 2D art for Hempire
- Bring characters, buildings, props, iconography, and environments to life with creative ideas and intuitive planning
- Work with the team to identify and solve problems, both technically and artistically
- Demonstrate a broad range of technical and creative abilities to effectively deliver the overall look, attitude and style of the Hempire universe
- Actively participate in team/department meetings
- Create 2d particle effects to bring static environments to life
- Support the marketing team by providing occasional art, animations, and motion graphics to be used in trailers and video ads
Your track record includes:
- 3+ years of 2D art production experience, ideally in games, preferably for mobile
- A portfolio demonstrating a broad range of 2D artistry, preferably with samples similar to Hempire’s style
- Understanding of traditional 2D art/animation principles
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume, team-based setting
- Strong verbal/written communication skills (English)
- Good editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact with a wide range of individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Experience working with Photoshop required; Unity knowledge an asset
- Working knowledge of Spine animation software an asset
- Experience with the Agile development methodology an asset
- Diploma or relevant post-secondary education an asset
- Downtown office, steps from the Skytrain
- Fully stocked pantry & fridge, coffee, and beer
- Monthly Socials and Team-building Activities
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC has grown into a team of over 35 people across a wide range of disciplines. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: Communicate Fearlessly & Own Your Roles, Make Educated Decisions
- Growth: Commit to Growth professionally, personally, and collectively
- Honesty: Cultivate Community, open dialogue, respectful of others
- Passion: Give energy to your work and your team. Take pride and be enthusiastic!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.