Why this role is made for you:
We are looking for a Game Designer who has a passion for games that extends beyond being a player. You strive to understand the mechanics and psychologies behind game experiences. You will be responsible for designing and executing fun, engaging, monetizing experiences. The successful candidate will be eager to learn and grow alongside our rapidly evolving studio and games.
This is a full-time role. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
A Game Designer’s impact:
- Work with the Lead Game Designer to develop and shape game systems and mechanics, and get buy-in from the team
- Drive significant areas of the game design and collaborate with artists and programmers to guide the look and implementation of features
- Work with the Lead Designer and Product Owner to identify and implement KPI-driven changes to the game via new features, new offers, and tuning of the above
- Ensure that your design deliverables and tasks are properly tracked in JIRA and completed to the level of quality set by the Lead Designer
- These tasks include, but are not limited to, character design, event design, dialogue, systems design, IAP offer design, and live operations management
- Clearly document and communicate your game features to the team
- Regularly update documentation to offer a useful work reference
- Fix design-focused bugs in data, and test your fixes
- Facilitate resolution of issues that require intervention, even on short notice or at odd hours
Your track record includes:
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a game design disciplines, ideally on multiple projects, including mobile and AAA releases, or equivalent experience and education
- Experience designing systems, characters, and/or economies on multiple shipped titles
- Expert spreadsheet skills
- Strong creative and editorial skills: conceptualizing, pitching, and writing
- Solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to scope and prioritize
- Liveops experience preferred
- Energetic, growth-focused team culture
- Downtown office space, steps from the skytrain, with unlimited snacks and coffee
- Flexible hours
- Remote-work possibilities
- Competitive compensation
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC has grown into a team of over 35 people across a wide range of disciplines. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: Communicate Fearlessly & Own Your Roles, Make Educated Decisions
- Growth: Commit to Growth professionally, personally, and collectively
- Honesty: Cultivate Community, open dialogue, respectful of others
- Passion: Give energy to your work and your team. Take pride and be enthusiastic!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.