Why this role is made for you:
We are looking for an Intermediate Server Software Engineer with strong back-end experience to tackle a variety of technical tasks for LBC Studios’ first game, Hempire. The successful candidate will own their systems and influence the direction of our technology while implementing flexible and scalable solutions. The successful candidate is a self-motivated team-player who will implement and maintain many aspects of Hempire’s continued development including AWS, app security, build updating, source control, and additional server application development.
This is a Full-time role. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
An Intermediate Server Software Engineer’s impact:
- Create and maintain a new build pipeline for the game client and assets
- Proficiency with PHP and Java (Spring) Services
- Experience with AWS services
- Maintain, update, and secure the current scalable server environment
- Maintain and update the current LBC development infrastructure
- Optimize server performance
- Collaborate on the design and development of a Java microservices server architecture using open-source technologies
- Support the software development life-cycle for the client and server
- Assess, develop, debug, maintain, and set standards for code
- Strong ability to scope and define project requirements
- Strong communication skills to collaborate with remote team members to identify, produce, and deliver tasks on time
- Drive improvements to process and direction
- Take charge on improving our development processes and system architecture
- Collaborate with project leads to establish engineering tasks and schedules
- Work with designers and senior engineers to help drive game features
Your track record includes:
- At least 3 years of experience working as a server-side engineer using Java, PHP and AWS services.
- Experience with Redis considered a strong plus.
- Working knowledge of Spring, Hibernate, and other open-source technologies preferred
- Working knowledge of PHP for scalable secure server development
- Experience building development build infrastructure and pipelines
- Ability to comfortably move across high-level technical design, detailed technical design, implementation, and operational support
- Experience implementing/integrating unit/integration/load tests
- Downtown office, steps from the Skytrain
- Fully stocked pantry & fridge, coffee, and beer
- Monthly Socials and Team-building Activities
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC has grown into a team of over 35 people across a wide range of disciplines. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: Communicate Fearlessly & Own Your Roles, Make Educated Decisions
- Growth: Commit to Growth professionally, personally, and collectively
- Honesty: Cultivate Community, open dialogue, respectful of others
- Passion: Give energy to your work and your team. Take pride and be enthusiastic!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.