Why this role is made for you:
We are seeking a Producer who lives for the granular details, and you can see the opportunities through the noise. You’re proactive, and you like to stay ahead of the curve when identifying potential issues on the horizon. As an LBC Producer, you will be collaborating with a multi-functional team across all disciplines to help deliver engaging content, robust new features, and live events to our passionate fans. You will be the principal product owner on a multi-million dollar product, helping your colleagues navigate their sprint goals, upcoming dependencies, and addressing hurdles as soon as they appear.
This is a Full-time role. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
A Producer’s impact:
- Act as the team’s scrum master and facilitate daily standups, product backlog grooming, team retrospectives, and sprint planning events.
- Identify deliverables and dependencies with the team, and represent the end-to-end development with colleagues so that we can work backwards and deliver on our sprint goals.
- Proactively identify blockers with the team, and work with them to remove development obstacles as they appear.
- Identify and manage any issues that may put the sprint goals at risk.
- Manage version planning, product road mapping and team resourcing, and present plans for each to the Senior Producer and studio management.
- Create user stories and prioritize them in the product backlog with clear requirements, and goals established with stakeholders
- Establish product strategy priorities with stakeholders and the development team, and direct the team in expectations and deliverables to meet the product vision
- Assess and report on key sprint metrics such as the team’s burndown, or cumulative velocity. Coach the development team in overall scrum methodology
- Collaborate with the data & analytics teams to investigate, and report on product KPI’s to keep data-driven priorities on the radar. Identify short-term and long-term actionables, and incorporate those action plans into the evolving product strategy
- Maintain a pulse on the mobile F2P market, successful trends seen in top 50 games across multiple genres, and upcoming movements at the platform level
- Develop a deep understanding of LBC games, stay in touch with the needs of our fans, and become an expert in the player’s experience
Your track record includes:
- 4+ years of experience in a production role with 1+ year of discipline lead, or project lead experience. A combination of 1 shipped title and/or 1+ year of running a live F2P game
- Bachelor’s degree of relevant education; game design degree is a plus
- Experience with project management software such as Jira or Assembla
- Experience with reporting or presentation software such as Powerpoint, or Google Slides.
- Expertise in agile development approaches such as scrum, or kanban, and the role of the product owner
- Demonstrated ability to stay disciplined, and work under deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organization skills, a proactive mindset, and strong attention to detail
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to communicate to all team members of all disciplines, at all levels
- Resourceful, innovative, and able to think on your feet
- Attentive listening skills, and an ability to hear out team concerns and cultivate lasting relationships across disciplines
- Able to coach and empower team problem-solving at all times, in all situation
- Recognized team leader who takes ownership and responsibility for the success of the project, no matter what the hurdles are, or where they arise
- Downtown office, steps from the Skytrain
- Fully stocked pantry & fridge, coffee, and beer
- Monthly Socials and Team-building Activities
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC has grown into a team of over 35 people across a wide range of disciplines. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: Communicate Fearlessly & Own Your Roles, Make Educated Decisions
- Growth: Commit to Growth professionally, personally, and collectively
- Honesty: Cultivate Community, open dialogue, respectful of others
- Passion: Give energy to your work and your team. Take pride and be enthusiastic!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.