Why this role is made for you:
We are looking for a Senior Client-Side Engineer with strong Unity experience to tackle a variety of technical tasks for LBC Studios. The successful candidate will own their systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology while implementing flexible and scalable solutions. The successful candidate is a self-motivated team-player who will implement and maintain many aspects of Hempire’s continued development as well as support any new work that is identified.
This is a Full-time role. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19
A Senior Client-Side Engineer’s impact:
- Create and maintain a new build pipeline for the game client and assets that is based on Jenkins and interfaces with the existing development infrastructure
- Collaborate on the design and development of the game client
Support the software development life-cycle for the client
- Maintain, update, and create build pipelines for the developed software and assets using Jenkins and the existing development infrastructure
- Assess, develop, debug, maintain, and set standards for code
- Develop features for our long time running mobile app Hempire.
- Push the envelope of your skills by getting training or peer programming to hone your abilities
- Collaborate with in-office and remote team members to identify, produce, and deliver tasks on time
- Maintain and distribute our Hempire game built in Unity for Android and iOS on a variety of systems.
- Able to aim for scalability in our legacy applications and tools.
- Debug and upgrade SDK’s as needed with minimal friction.
- Develop tools, features, pipelines, and frameworks to be used in the development process
- Take charge of improving our development processes and system architecture
- Collaborate with project leads to identify engineering tasks
- Work with designers and engineers to help deliver game features
- Be a part of an interactive team that hosts game nights and other activities
Your track record includes:
- At least 5 years of experience working as a client-side engineer using C# and Unity
- Shipped at least 1 production level title on Android and iOS.
- Solid familiarity with Unity
- Experience gathering functional requirements, developing technical specifications, and creating project & test plans
- Familiar with more than one software development methodology, ideally experience with SCRUM and/or KANBAN
- Working proficiency in EnglishExperience building and distributing content delivery systems such as Addressables, Asset Bundles.
- Strong architecture skills and experience with software design patterns.
- Bonus if you have- DevOps experience. Automating release process
- Bonus if you have- Experience developing server architecture and systems.
- Downtown office, steps from the Skytrain
- Fully stocked pantry & fridge, coffee, and beer
- Monthly Socials and Team-building Activities
- Flexible scheduling
- Work from home one day a week
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC has grown into a team of over 35 people across a wide range of disciplines. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: Communicate Fearlessly & Own Your Roles, Make Educated Decisions
- Growth: Commit to Growth professionally, personally, and collectively
- Honesty: Cultivate Community, open dialogue, respectful of others
- Passion: Give energy to your work and your team. Take pride and be enthusiastic!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.