Why this role is made for you:
We are looking for an Intermediate Backend Software Engineer to help define the future of LBC Studios’ flagship game, Hempire. The successful candidate is a self-motivated team-player who will implement and maintain many aspects of Hempire’s continued development. This position offers an opportunity to work with established systems that support tens of thousands of players a day while creating the next generation of Hempire’s backend architecture.
This is a full-time role. Temporarily remote due to COVID-19.
An Intermediate Backend Software Engineer’s impact:
- Optimize performance of Hempire’s API to ensure positive player experience
- Collaborate on the design and development of a hybrid Java and PHP server hosted on AWS
- Assess, develop, debug, maintain, and set standards for code
- Strong ability to scope and define project requirements
- Collaborate with remote team members
- Drive improvements of our development processes and system architecture
- Work with designers and senior engineers to help drive game features
Your track record includes:
- At least 3 years of experience working as a backend engineer
- Willing to learn new server technologies as studio requirements evolve
- Experience with AWS is a bonus
- Experience implementing unit/integration/load tests is a bonus
- Downtown office, steps from the Skytrain
- Fully stocked pantry & fridge, coffee, and beer
- Monthly Socials and Team-building Activities
- Flexible scheduling
- Remote-work possibilities
- Competitive compensation
- Growth and team-focused company culture
- Access to a health-spending account in lieu of benefits
LBC was originally founded to develop the first AAA cannabis-themed F2P mobile game. Hempire was launched on April 20, 2017, and has been downloaded over 14M times! It has earned a 4.7 rating on the app and play stores. With Hempire’s success, LBC has grown into a team of over 35 people across a wide range of disciplines. Building off of Hempire’s success, we are developing new exciting titles for the F2P mobile game market driven by our core values:
- Accountability: Communicate Fearlessly & Own Your Roles, Make Educated Decisions
- Growth: Commit to Growth professionally, personally, and collectively
- Honesty: Cultivate Community, open dialogue, respectful of others
- Passion: Give energy to your work and your team. Take pride and be enthusiastic!
We cultivate the freshest interactive experiences in the mobile world. From concept to publishing, our free-to-play games are 100% home-grown, an expression of our passion, commitment to quality and driven by a purpose that will be remembered forever.
We Grow Games.
We Grow Communities.
We Grow Careers.